Sweet and tangy, this Vegan Orange Drizzle Loaf is a refreshing twist on the nation’s favourite lemon drizzle loaf. The sponge is mixed together using simple natural ingredients, drizzled with a sweet lemon and orange icing and smothered in creamy frosting.
For the frosting we use a mix of natural sweeteners, lemons, oranges and Nush natural cream ‘cheese’ frosting.
This vegan orange drizzle loaf is the perfect plant-based, gluten and dairy free baked treat. It’s a win win for those following a free-from lifestyle and those without. It’s time to get your bake on!
Good luck trying not to demolish the whole loaf in one sitting! Tag us in your photos on Instagram if you make this!
If you like this, try out our naturally vegan, gluten-free lemon sponge layer cake,
– Preheat the oven to 160oC and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
– Cream the coconut sugar and oil together in a food processor until light and creamy then add
the yoghurt, maple syrup, lemon and orange zests, lemon juice and vanilla. Blend until fully
– Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and pulse together until just combined.
– Pour into the lined tin and bake for 45-50 mins, until golden and springs back when you press it
– Whilst the cake is cooking, making the drizzle. Pour the lemon and orange juice and maple
syrup into a saucepan and simmer over a low heat until it has reduced into a light syrup.
– Once the cake is baked use a skewer or cocktail stick to pierce holes all over the top of the
cake, this will help the drizzle soak into the cake.
– Pour over the syrup drizzle whilst the cake is still warm then leave to cool completely.
– Make the frosting by beating all of the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Spread
the frosting over the cooled cake and scatter over the extra lemon and orange zest and
coconut flakes to decorate.