Coconut Truffle Bars
Coconut Truffle Bars! Gimme gimme! These naturally indulgent plant-based and gluten free coconut truffle bars are the most divine summer treat. The recipe is super easy. Can't get your hands on store bough oat flour? Blitz up some porridge oats in a Nutribullet for around 30 seconds. This still achieves a fine enough flour consistency. The simple oaty base is topped with a sweet coconut truffle layer, Dunx Dip caramel and velvety chocolate. Store them in the fridge for a chilled treat perfect for summer days. The textures are wonderfully irresistible. You can chop them into smaller bite sized squares if you with or into bars. You can also pick whichever Dunx Dip flavour you fancy for the caramel layer.
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
Total: Approx 2 hours
- 140g oat flour (or blended oats)
130g ground almonds
20g coconut oil (melted)
30ml maple syrup (or enough to create a mouldable consistency)
- 200g Coconut cream (we use Biona)
200g Desiccated coconut
4 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
7 tbsp Maple syrup
Pinch of vanilla powder
- 160g Dunx Dip
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- Line a 20cm square tin using coconut oil or baking paper. If you don’t have a tin of this size you can use a longer size tin but don’t spread the mixture all the way to the end.
- Add the oat flour, ground almonds, maple syrup and melted coconut oil to a mixing bowl and stir until a dough has formed.
- Press the dough into the baking tin to form the base layer
- Now it's time to make the coconut truffle! Melt the coconut cream on a low heat. Take off the heat and mix with the rest of the truffle ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a line baking tray and press down until firm. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and pour over the Dunx Dip. Then leave again in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the tray and pour over the melted chocolate. Place in the fridge to set for another 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and leave at room temperature before slicing up and digging in!
- Store in the fridge to the Dunx Dip remains a thicker consistency and the coconut truffly!
You May Also Like
Something went wrong, please contact us!