5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
Chocolate mug cake anyone? We're so excited to share with you our 5 minute chocolate mug cake recipe! A chocolate cake that can be whipped up in 5 minutes sounds like heaven to me!
This 5 minute chocolate mug cake is so good it’s hard to believe it doesn’t take hours to make. Plus, its baked in the microwave so you don’t even need to worry about pre-setting your oven for this one.
The chocolate sponge is so light and fluffy and you can choose your favourite nut butter for the sponge cake. We use our super smooth velvety Peanut Drizzle Dunx Dip. I definitely recommend eating this as soon as the microwaves beeps. Ok maybe leave it for a minute so you don't burn yourself.
As always this recipe is made with simple natural, plant-based and gluten-free ingredients. There are just 6 ingredients in this one so there are no excuses not to try it! We hope you all love it!
If you like this recipe why not try our Fudgy Caramel Coffee Cake or our Baked Hot Fudge Brownie Pudding?
I hope you recreate this quick and glorious recipe! Don't forget to tag us if you do @livias
Prep: 4 minutes
Cook: 1 ½ minutes
Total: 5 ½ minutes
- 80g smooth nut butter (recommend Peanut Drizzle Dunx Dip)
60ml almond milk (4 tbsp)
70ml maple syrup
20g cacao powder
60g ground almonds
40g oat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Makes 1 big cup to share between 2 (or not…)
- In a mug; mix maple syrup, nut butter and almond milk.
- Add everything else and mix until everything’s combined.
- Put your cup in the microwave and “bake” for 1 ½ minutes on the highest setting.
- Get the cup out of the microwave (be careful because it’s very hot!) and enjoy while it’s warm. We served it with some vanilla cashew ice-cream.
- If you don’t finish it you can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days and re-heat it or enjoy it cold.