Banana and peanut butter breakfast muffins
I woke up super early this morning, despite my best intentions of having a little sleep in. Sleep and I don’t go together so well! With no one else awake, all my emails done and a rumbly hungry tummy…it just made sense to bake and to come up with a delicious breakfast treat for you all.
I have made these once before, and they went down so well that I decided to work on them again and perfect the recipe. The combination of flavours from bananas, peanut butter and dates is so dreamy. I always used to have peanut butter with chopped bananas on some toast, and this is just a variation of that. These muffins only contain 5 ingredients and can be whipped up in minutes. They are perfect for weekends but also as a grab and go breakfast in the week. Happy Saturday everyone! Go get your bake on!
Makes 10 big muffins (half the recipe for 6 smaller muffins)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Peel and chop the ripe bananas into a bowl
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl
- (if you don’t mind getting your hands messy) mix all ingredients together with your hands, squeezing the bananas so they become a puree rather than remaining in chunks
- Spoon the mix into greased muffin trays
- If you have made big muffins they will need approx 25-30 minutes in the oven. Smaller muffins will need 20-25 minutes ( you want them to look golden on top, but still bouncy when they come out the oven. They firm as they cool- I like mine slightly gooey on the inside).