Blueberry Porridge Squares
In the morning, nothing fills me up in as good a way as oats, and I love the versatility of them.
I tend to start most my days with a bowl of porridge, but sometimes just do not find the time. My mornings (and I am sure a lot of your mornings too) can be quite hectic and rushed, and the time to make breakfast just sometimes isn’t there. This is where these blueberry porridge squares come in. They have to be one of the most simple and quick recipes to make (only 5 ingredients), and the beauty of them is that they taste just so good, and last for days. They serve as a great on-the-go breakfast when there has been no time to make one, and they are also perfect mid-morning and afternoon snacks.
Tag your photos with @livias so that we can see them…
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
- 300g Jumbo Oats
225g blueberries added to the blender + 60 g blueberries stirred through
225ml oat milk (recipe on the blog)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
115ml maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, and grease a brownie tin with a small amount of coconut oil
- Add all the ingredients to a blender/ food processor except for the 75g of blueberries and pulse till it’s combined.
- Stir through the extra blueberries.
- Pour into a greased tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes (ensure the middle is cooked- may need an extra few minutes)
- Leave to cool, and slice into squares.