Carrot Cake Cookies
This gluten free carrot cake cookies recipe is such a treat. I must have made this recipe at least a dozen times now for various friends and family who always request it. Now I thought it was only fair to share with all of you!
I am a hugh fan of the traditional carrot cake. There is nothing better than a soft, spicy carrot cake on an afternoon. Sadly though, it takes a really long time to bake, which usually results in me eating at least half of it raw. These carrot cake cookies are the perfect alternative for any of you with the patience of a small child like me as they take thirty minutes start to finish.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 14 minutes
- 150g carrot – (peeled and grated),zest of one orange,140g oat flour,120g oats,130ml maple syrup,65g coconut sugar,6 tsp cinnamon,1 tsp vanilla powder,70g raisins,50g pecans (optional),35g coconut oil – melted
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a tray with baking paper.
- Grate the carrot and then add it to a bowl with all of the ingredients and mix to combine.
- Roll into cookie shapes and bake for 14 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly on the tray and then enjoy!