Choc Banana Oat Muffins
We made these Choc Banana Oat Muffins on an Instagram Live a few weeks ago. Unfortunately we were unable to save the live video down and share on IGTV due to technical errors! Since then, so many of you have been messaging in asking for the full recipe - so here it is! This is a really simple recipe. The Choc Banana Oat Muffins only contain natural ingredients and are vegan, gluten & dairy free. However, you wouldn't know it - they are so damn delicious! You really cannot go wrong with an oat muffin and these taste just like a gooey choc banana bread in a muffin. Sounds dreamy right? We add Choc Brownie Nugglets to the mixture and the fudgy pieces take the texture to a whole new level. It's unreal. We also add chopped dark chocolate for extra melty indulgence. We really hope you love this recipe as much as we do and good luck not eating them all at once! If you do happen to not gobble them all up straight away and want to keep them for the week ahead, you can store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Total: 35 mins
- 200g ground almonds
100g oat flour (or preferred flour)
35g jumbo oats
3 bags Choc Brownie Nugglets
2 medium ripe bananas
100ml maple syrup
40g coconut sugar
2 tbsp nut butter (we use smooth peanut butter)
200ml almond milk
50g chopped dark choc (optional for extra indulgence)
- Jumbo oats & coconut sugar to sprinkle
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and grease a silicone muffin tray with coconut oil. You may use muffin cases instead if you wish - there should be enough mixture to make 6-8 muffins depending on the size of your tray/cases.
- Mix the flour, oats, baking powder, sugar and ground almonds in a baking bowl.
- Add the mashed banana, nut butter and maple syrup to the flour mix and combine together.
- Gradually add in the almond milk until the mixture is smooth but still quite thick.
- Add the Nugglets and chopped dark chocolate and fold into the mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly between each case or hole.
- Sprinkle some jumbo oats and coconut sugar on the top of each muffin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked, leave to cool for 5-10 minutes and DIG IN!
You May Also Like
Something went wrong, please contact us!