Chocolate Caramel Swirl Layer Cake
A naturally plant-based chocolate caramel swirl layer cake smothered in whipped coconut frosting and caramel swirls. This cake is the ultimate showstopper dessert. It doesn't just look incredible, it tastes unreal. The sponge is so fudgy, just how you'd expect a chocolate cake to be. The whipped coconut yogurt is the perfect vegan frosting and made with just 2 ingredients! It's time to get your bake on and enjoy this for yourself.
Total: 1 hour
- 300g ground almonds,90g flour (we use oat flour),9 tbsp cacao powder,75g coconut oil, melted,210ml maple syrup,60g coconut sugar,200g peanut butter (we use Dunx Dip),375ml almond milk
- 65g maple syrup,500g coconut yogurt (we use Coyo - it whips well!)
- 55g coconut oil,85g maple syrup,2 tablespoons almond butter,1 tsp coconut sugar,Pinch of sea salt
- 1x bag of Nugglets,Dark chocolate chopped/grated
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C
- Start by whipping your coconut yogurt using an electric whisk until it starts to thicken
- Once it has thickened, add the maple syrup
- Put your frosting in the fridge to firm up while you move onto the cake
- To make your cake mix, start by adding all the dry ingredients to a large bowl
- Then add the wet ingredients and give it all a good mix
- Separate into 2 circular cake tins, making sure they are well greased
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean and leave to cool completely
- While your cake is baking, make your caramel sauce. Simply add all the ingredients to a saucepan at a medium-high heat and stir continuously until it starts to thicken. Once it has thickened, lower the heat and set aside. If you would like this to firm up even more, you can put it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Assemble your cake and add the whipped ‘cream’ frosting and caramel to the centre. Add the top layer and add another layer of frosting and swirl through the caramel sauce using a knife/spoon. Chop/grate some vegan chocolate and sprinkle this around the edge of your cake.
- Add Nugglets around the edge of your cake and ENJOY!!
You May Also Like
Something went wrong, please contact us!