Chocolate Coconut Squares
This chocolate coconut squares recipe is unreal. I'm guilty of losing sight of the fact that the simplest recipes are often the best (anyone remember the Nugglet hot fudge brownie fondant - delicious but oh so overly indulgent). With that in mind, this traybake signals a return to basics. Enjoy the light sponge dunked in velvety dark chocolate and topped with flecks of desiccated coconut. This traybake can go from mixing bowl to table in scarcely 30 minutes.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
- 200g ground almonds ,100g buckwheat flour ,100g cashew butter ,50g coconut sugar ,50g desiccated coconut ,300ml coconut milk ,3 tbsp melted coconut oil ,1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks,30g desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, ground almonds, desiccated coconut and coconut sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Next, add the cashew butter, coconut milk and melted coconut oil to the mixing bowl. Stir until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour the sponge mixture into the lined baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Bring the tray out of the oven and place on a cooling rack for 20 minutes. Once cool, chop into roughly 6x6cm squares. In the meantime, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until completely melted.
- Dunk each square in the melted chocolate until covered. Then, sprinkle in desiccated coconut and leave to set.Once you have done this to all squares, dig in and enjoy every bite of pure deliciousness.