Wonderful Weekend Waffles
Prep: 10 Minutes
Cook: 10-15 Minutes
Total: 20-25 Minutes
- 3 cups (300g) oat flour,4 tablespoon poppy seeds,1/2 cup lemon juice (2 large lemons),1/2 cup (50ml) maple syrup,1 & 1/2 cup (150ml) almond milk,4 tablespoons melted coconut oil,pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (2 large lemons),1/4 cup (25ml) maple syrup,1 teaspoon ground arrowroot powder
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 medium bananas),2 cups oat flour,1/2 cup (50g) ground flaxseed,1/2 cup (50ml) maple syrup,1/2 cup (50ml) almond milk,pinch of salt,pinch of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons smooth almond butter,1/4 cup (25ml) almond milk,2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons hazelnut butter,1/4-1/2 cup (25-50ml) almond milk,2 teaspoons raw cacao powder,2 teaspoons maple syrup
Lemon & Poppyseed Waffles
Banana & Flaxseed Waffles
Sweet Almond Drizzle
For the Lemon & Poppy Seed Waffles:
Preheat your waffle iron. You will need to grease it unless it is non-stick.
Mix the oat flour, salt and poppy seeds in a bowl.
Gently melt the coconut oil and whisk in the rest of the wet ingredients.
Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the wet ingredients, mixing until smooth.
Pour into the heated waffle iron, quickly spreading the mixture right to the edges.
Cook for 10 minutes or until crispy on the top. Remove from the iron and serve with fresh blueberries and the lemon drizzle.
For the Lemon Drizzle:
Gently heat the lemon juice and maple syrup in a small saucepan on the stove.
Add a tablespoon of the mixture to the arrowroot at a time, making sure to whisk until smooth in-between.
Return to the saucepan and heat until it thickens to a glossy, pourable consistency.
For the Banana 7 Flaxseed Waffles:
Measure out the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
Mash the banana and mix with the rest of the wet ingredients.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into the waffle iron.
Cook for 15 minutes, or until crispy on top. Remove from the iron and serve with fresh banana slices and the hazelnut or almond drizzle.
For the Drizzle:
Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl, adding as much almond milk as is needed to reach a thick, pourable consistency.