Fudgy Chocolate Fondant
This chocolate fondant is one of the best things we have made for a while. Although it's slightly different from your traditional fondant, ours has a soft, fudgy centre that we cant get enough of. We love ours with ice cream or a spoonful of coconut yogurt and an extra drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Prep: 20 minutes + 20 minutes setting time
Cook: 25 minutes
Total: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 big tablespoon of Coconut oil (40g),2/3 cup Cashew butter (85g),1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup (80ml),1/4 cup Cacao (35g),Generous pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Cashew Butter (85g),1/2 cup Cacao Powder (50g),1 1/4 cup Ground Almonds (120g),1 big tablespoon Coconut oil (30g),1/4 cup Coconut sugar (30g),1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Almond Milk (145ml),1/4 cup Buckwheat flour (35g),1 cup Maple Syrup (200ml),Pinch of Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a silicone muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Add all of the fondant middle ingredients to a pan over a low heat and stir until the mix is smooth and glossy. Pour into a shallow dish and place into the freezer to firm up.
- Whilst the middle sets, add all of the cake ingredients to a big bowl and mix well. Spoon the mix into the muffin holes so that each is roughly half full.
- Remove the middle from the freezer - if it has firmed up to a malleable (truffle like) mix, spoon out and roll into 6 rough balls.
- Place a ball into the middle of each muffin hole, being careful not to push it right to the bottom. Top them off with the rest of the mix and place into the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes in the tray and then carefully push out whilst still warm.
You May Also Like
Something went wrong, please contact us!