Mini Banoffee Tarts
Makes 6 These mini pies are the most perfect dessert to serve to friends or family as they take minutes to prepare but look and taste like they have taken a lot more time and work! I have always loved Banoffee Pie but my favourite bit was the fillings underneath the cream; I decided to simplify the traditional recipe by excluding the creamy layer and just adding more delicious caramel, banana and chocolate! If you love the cream too you could definitely add a spoonful of coconut yogurt or some coconut cream on top!
Prep: 20 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 100g pecans (1 cup),150g almonds (1 cup),170g sticky medjool dates (about 9),3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 150g medjool dates (about 8),3 bananas,3 tablespoons almond butter,2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk - the firm bit,2 tablespoons maple syrup,optional - cacao nibs/ CoYo to decorate
- Grease your pie tins with coconut oil.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until you have a sticky mix.
- Press this mix into the tins to make your base.
- Add the dates to a food processor and blend until they are broken down and a little bit caramel like.
- Add 1 1/2 of the bananas, the almond butter, coconut milk and maple to a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Slice the other 1 1/2 bananas and layer onto the cool bases.
- Spoon the caramel mix on top and decorate with nibs.
You May Also Like
Something went wrong, please contact us!