Raw Pecan Caramel Slab
This raw pecan caramel slab is perfect for when you need a sweet hit. In the Livia's office, we can't even last until lunchtime these days! Now, let's talk about the gooey caramel layer. We've combined the softest dates with coffee powder to create a deliciously delicate mocha flavour even non-coffee lovers will fall for. combined with the crunch of the pecans on top makes each mouthful a bite of pure heaven. You won't believe how easy this recipe is to make. We love keeping a tray in the fridge and eating them cold on warm summer days. Let us know how you get on and tag your creations with @livias so we can see!
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
- 45ml maple syrup (3 tbsp),25g melted coconut oil (2 tbsp),8g cacao powder (1 tbsp),1 cup oat four
- 300g pitted Medjool dates,5g instant coffee powder (1 tbsp),A pinch of salt
- 70g whole pecans (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp)
Coffee Caramel middle
- Makes 8 big squares.
- Make the base by mixing all of the ingredients in a bowl until they come together.
- Line a tin (10cm x 20cm) and put the base in it. Even out the surface and leave it in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile make your caramel by blending all of the ingredients until you have a smooth caramel.
- When the base has been in the freezer for 15 minutes get it out and smooth out your caramel on top of it.
- Get your pecans and place them diagonally on top of the caramel. Press them down slightly. Leave to firm up in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- When your slab has been in the freezer for 20 minutes get it out and cut it into squares. We then drizzled some melted chocolate on top for extra indulgence.
- Store in an air-tight container in the freezer for 1-2 weeks.
You May Also Like
Something went wrong, please contact us!