Caramel Almond Fudge Muffins
This vegan caramel almond fudge muffins recipe is pretty damn good. The sponge is perfectly moist and the bite into the fudge centre when they first come out of the oven is sensational. The caramel almond swirl DUNX topping and delicious crumble really make this treat a must to try! We will be making them most weekends from now on and recommend you definitely do the same!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Total: 55 mins
- 2 cups ground almonds (200g),½ cup buckwheat flour (60g),1/3 cup maple syrup (100ml),4 tbsp coconut sugar (40g),½ cup Caramel Almond Dunx Dip (110g),¾ cup almond milk (200ml),Pinch of salt
- 10 medjool Dates, pitted,Just less than 1/2 cup Cashew Butter (90g),1tsp vanilla Powder,10g dark chocolate, melted,10g cacao powder
- 2x Caramel Almond Swirl Dunx dip
- 2x packets of Dunx cookies, crumbled (or alternative biscuit),⅓ cup oats & jumbo oats mixed (100g),¼ cup maple syrup (50g),¼ cup Caramel Almond Dunx Dip (50g),1 tbsp coconut oil, melted (30g)
- Makes approx. 12 muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Using coconut oil, grease a silicon muffin tray and put to one side whilst you make the fudge centre.
- To make the caramel fudge centre, start off by blending the dates in a food processor until you have a fairly smooth paste. Add the cashew butter, vanilla, melted raw chocolate, cacao powder and salt to the food processor. Blend until all the ingredients are combined.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and place the fudge mixture in the tray and spread so it is roughly even. Then, place the tray in the freezer for about 10 minutes so it becomes firmer.
- Whist the fudge is setting you can start preparing the muffin mixture by simply adding all the ingredients to a large bowl and mixing with a wooden spoon until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Now, remove the chocolate fudge from the freezer and if it is firm enough, break into chunks and roll roughly into 12 balls.
- Add about a tablespoon of the muffin mixture to each hole of the muffin tray so that each hole in the muffin tray is just under half full.
- Then, add the fudge balls into each hole and top with the remaining muffin mixture. Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Now make the crumble topping by adding all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir. Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the muffins are ready to come out of the oven, leave for 10 minutes to cool. Then, spread on the caramel almond swirl dip from your Dunx and top with crumble. Now, enjoy!
You May Also Like
Something went wrong, please contact us!