Lemon Drizzle Cake
This vegan lemon drizzle is such a delicious twist on the classic recipe everyone knows and loves! The addition of fresh lemon juice and zest means it is so refreshing and the use of ground almonds in the sponge makes it perfectly moist. We love ours with a generous dollop of our favourite vanilla coconut yoghurt and some extra lemon zest before serving it warm straight from the oven.
Do you like this Vegan Lemon Drizzle Cake? You should our Raspberry Cake or our Salted Date Caramel Banana Cake
If you remake this don't forget to tag @livias
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
- 70g cashew butter (1/4 cup),125ml almond milk (1/2 cup),80ml maple syrup (1/3 cup),2 lemons zested,60ml lemon juice (2 lemons/1/4 cup),165g ground almonds (1 1/2 cups),90g oat flour (3/4 cup),40g coconut sugar (1/3 cup),A pinch of salt,35g coconut oil (2 tbsp)
- 15ml lemon juice (1 tbsp),15ml maple syrup (1 tbsp)
- Makes 8 portions.
- Turn your oven on to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put cashew butter, coconut milk, maple syrup and coconut oil in a pan and heat up on a low heat until the oil is melted. Whisk until everything is combined and take it off the heat.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and mix again.
- Add the ground almonds, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar and salt and mix everything until you have a batter.
- Pour your batter into a lined tin (20 cm x 10 cm) and bake for 25 minutes.
- When your cake is out of the oven mix the maple syrup and lemon juice and drizzle it over the cake while it’s still warm. It will soak in and make it even more moist than it already is. Enjoy the cake hot or cold.
You May Also Like
Something went wrong, please contact us!